Facts & Statistics:
Languages: Vietnamese (official); English (increasingly favored as a second language); some French, Chinese, Khmer; mountain area languages (Mon-Khmer and Malayo-Polynesian)
● In Vietnam, Nguyen is the most widespread family name used by about 50% of the population, as the Nguyen emperors allowed people to take on their family name.
● In Vietnam everyone stops for lunch around 11 a.m. and families go home to eat together, then relax and enjoy a siesta during the heat of the day.
● For virtually everyone in Vietnam, bargaining is the usual means of determining a price.
● Many rare and unsual animals live in Vietnam including giant catfish, Indochinese tigers, saola antelopes and Sumatran Rhinos.
● Ha Long Bay is considered to be the most beautiful vista in entire Vietnam. It consists of 1,969 islands and islets situated in the Gulf of Tonkin. This zone is known for its spectacular seascape of limestone pillars. Ha Long Bay has been recognized as a World Natural Heritage Site by UNESCO.
● Vietnam is famous for its bio-diversity and has the world’s six biosphere reserves.
MG Tour Co - 10073 Valley View #232 - Cypress, CA - 90630 – USA CST#2066599-40
Phone: (714) 220-2579 Toll Free: (866) 225-0577 Fax: (714) 276-6447 Terms & Conditions