Facts & Statistics:
Languages: Turkish (official), Kurdish, Dimli, Azeri, Kabardian
Currency: Turkish lira (YTL)
● The highest peak in Turkey is Mount Agri (5,166 m). It is also said to be the place where Noah's Ark came to rest.
● The Temple of Artemis (Diana), one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, was in Ephesus.
● The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus, in southwestern Turkey, was one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
● Istanbul, initially Constantinople, was the capital of the Byzantine Empire and the Ottoman Empire.
● St. Peter’s Church, situated in Antioch (Antakya) - Turkey, is the first church built by man.
● It were the Turks who introduced coffee to Europe.
● It was the Turks who introduced coffee to Europe.
● Istanbul is the only city in the world that is spread over two continents.
● All the ‘Seven Churches’ of Apocalypse are situated in the Aegean region of Anatolia, namely Ephesus, Smyrna (Izmir), Pergamum, Thyatira (Nazilli), Sardis, Philadelphia (Alasehir) and Laodicea.
● The oldest known human settlement is in Catalhoyuk, Turkey (dating back to 7th millennium BC).
● Turkey is the only secular Muslim country amongst all the Muslim countries in the world.
● Turkey is one of the few countries in the world that is agriculturally self-sufficient.
MG Tour Co - 10073 Valley View #232 - Cypress, CA - 90630 – USA CST#2066599-40
Phone: (714) 220-2579 Toll Free: (866) 225-0577 Fax: (714) 276-6447 Terms & Conditions