Facts & Statistics:
Languages: Thai (Siamese), English (secondary language of the elite), ethnic and regional dialects
● Every Thai male has to take up monkhood at some point in his life even if only for a short period, and at almost any age between completion of school and the beginning of a career or married life.
● A full grown Asian Elephant can weigh up to 5,400Kg (11,900lbs)
● According to the World Meteorological Organization, Bangkok is apparently the hottest capital city in the world.
● Boxing is the national sport of Thailand.
● Thai cuisine is one of the most popular cuisines in the world.
● Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country to have never been dominated by a Western power and hence retains most of its original culture.
● It is called the “Land Of Smiles," because of its ever smiling, inviting, soft spoken, friendly, and hospitable inhabitants.
● In Thailand, both the Father's Day and the Mother's Day are celebrated to commemorate the birthdays of Their Majesties the King and Queen.
MG Tour Co - 10073 Valley View #232 - Cypress, CA - 90630 – USA CST#2066599-40
Phone: (714) 220-2579 Toll Free: (866) 225-0577 Fax: (714) 276-6447 Terms & Conditions