Laos is a small but delightful country with perhaps the gentlest and most lovely people in the world! The delightful town of Luang Prabang is the home to many 16th century Buddhist Temples as well as the 19th Century King’s Palace, which is also named Luang Prabang. Most of the western border of Laos is marked by the Mekong River, providing many opportunities to cruise along the river and visit many small, quaint villages and temple sites. The capital city of Vientiane has many beautiful temples and Stuppas. The mystifying Plain of Jars, which is comprised of numerous giant stone containers, presents a true mystery, both as to why they are present in such great numbers and what was their main use was. One fairly unique aspect of Laos is the use of laminated mosaics on the outside walls of many of temples, which often tell religious stories or paint beautiful pictures. A small, landlocked country which has no national industry except for women’s textiles, Laos produces some of the most beautiful textiles in the world!
● Hike through villages and meet the local people
● Take an elephant safari
● Experience the mysterious Plaine de Jarres
● Revel in the King’s Palace in Luang Prabang
Facts & Statistics:
Languages: Lao (official), French, English, various ethnic languages
Currency: New Kip
● The "Plain of Jars" is home to nearly thousands of huge stone jars, each of which is large enough to hold a person. The largest jar weighs over six tons.
● Estimated at about 2,000 years old, the purpose of the jars along with their makers is still a mystery. Some experts believe they were used in burial rituals.
● About 85% of the population is composed rural dwellers.
● Devoutly Buddhist, the welcoming people of this quietly beautiful and largely undeveloped land maintain an easy, relaxed lifestyle that's in sharp contrast to that of their neighbors in hustle-and-bustle Thailand and Vietnam.
MG Tour Co - 10073 Valley View #232 - Cypress, CA - 90630 – USA CST#2066599-40
Phone: (714) 220-2579 Toll Free: (866) 225-0577 Fax: (714) 276-6447 Terms & Conditions