Italy is one of the most beautiful, romantic places on earth. From the Canals of Venice, to the beautiful coast of Naples; from the beaches of Salerno, to the gorgeous architecture of Florence, and the majesty of the Coliseum in Rome, Italy exudes beauty, art, and overall enjoyment of life. Part of that enjoyment is partaking in tasting Italy’s distinctive wines, cheeses, and dishes. Afterwards you can enjoy the masterpiece paintings, sculptures, and architecture of Italy, which are unsurpassed! The master artists of Italy are some of the greatest names in the world of art: Michelangelo, Donatello, and da Vinci to name a few. Italy was the birthplace of the Renaissance, where the arts and the sciences flourished. Amazing artistic experiences can be found in the chapels and churches throughout Italy, perhaps most notably in the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. But art is almost everywhere you look on the streets as well, from the amazing Trevi Fountain to the numerous masterpiece sculptures.There are so many interesting things to see and do in Italy, such as visit the ancient ruins of Pompeii, the market squares and artisan workshops of Bologna, the olive groves and vineyards of Tuscany, the catacombs of Rome, the Spanish Steps and the Jewish Quarter, Uffizi, the morning fruit and flower market of Campo de’ Fiori, and more.
● Ride a Vespa through the Tuscany Chianti Wine Region
● Learn to cook like a local in Florence
● Marvel at St. Peter’s Square
● Take an evening paggieta and stroll the streets of Rome.
● Tour the amazing Coliseum
● Take a walking tour in Rome, Venice and Florence
● Hike the beautiful lover’s walk through Cinque Terre’s 5 villages
Facts & Statistics:
Languages: Italian (official)
● The Romans mastered plumbing. They used copper piping and valves - the patents of some are still in use today.
● The capital of Italy is Rome (also known as the Eternal City) and is almost 3,000 years old. It has been the capital since 1871 and is home to the Dome of St. Peter's, the Sistine Chapel, the Coliseum, and the famous Trevi Fountain.
● Vatican City is the only nation in the world that can lock its own gates at night. It has its own phone company, radio, T.V. stations, money, and stamps. It even has its own army, the historic Swiss Guard
● Italian Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simon (1475-1564) was once thought to have painted in somber shades, but after his frescos on the Sistine Chapel were cleaned, it was discovered that he actually painted in bright colors.
● The pre-dinner passeggiata (evening stroll) is one of Italy’s most enduring leisure activities where Italians stroll about the streets to see and be seen.
● Venice, Italy, is one of the world's most beautiful and unusual cities. It was founded over 1,400 years ago on a collection of muddy islands in a wide and shallow lagoon. It has been sinking into the mud for centuries and is plagued by floods.
● Italy is said to have more masterpieces per square mile than any other country in the world.
MG Tour Co - 10073 Valley View #232 - Cypress, CA - 90630 – USA CST#2066599-40
Phone: (714) 220-2579 Toll Free: (866) 225-0577 Fax: (714) 276-6447 Terms & Conditions