Facts & Statistics:
Capital: Guatemala City; 951,000
Languages: Spanish, Amerindian languages
Currency: Quetzal, U.S. dollar, others allowed
● The name Guatemala means ‘Land of the Trees’ in the Maya-Toltec language.
● Twenty-one distinct Mayan languages as well as several non-Mayan Amerindian languages are spoken here, especially in the rural areas.
● Tajamulco Volcano is the highest point in Guatemala, with an altitude of 4,220 meters/ 13,845 ft. above sea level.
● There are three UNESCO World Heritage sites, namely, Antigua Guatemala, Archeoligical Park and Ruins of Quirigua and Tikal National Park.
● The name “Tikal” means City of Voices.
● The spectacular Mayan ruins of Tikal encompass vast pyramidal temples, ball courts, causeways, plazas and public buildings that extend over some 16 sq km (6 sq miles).
● There are currently about 3000 known structures in the Mayan Ruins of Tikal, however many more are thought to remain uncovered beneath the dense vegetation of the jungle.
MG Tour Co - 10073 Valley View #232 - Cypress, CA - 90630 – USA CST#2066599-40
Phone: (714) 220-2579 Toll Free: (866) 225-0577 Fax: (714) 276-6447 Terms & Conditions