Germany offers a rich variety of experiences to the international traveler. There are the wonderful special seasons and festivals, like Oktober Fest, the Christmas Market Villages, carnivals and wine festivals as well as music and art festivals. There are many, many enriching sites and experiences from the grand historic cathedrals, palaces, forts, castles and Plazas (Plätze) to the beautiful rivers, forests, vineyards and pastoral countryside, Germany is rich in history and beauty.
Some highlights are:
● Visit eccentric King Ludwig’s famous Neuschwanstein Castle, the inspiration for Disneyland’s fairytale castle
● Take the Lorelei Cruise on the Rhine River
● Experience the authentic Oktober Fest in Munich Germany
● Marvel at the Cologne Cathedral
● Take in the breathtaking beauty of Lake Constance at the foot of the Alps
Facts & Statistics:
Capital: Berlin; 3,327,000
Area: 357,022 square kilometers (137,847 square miles)
● After Irish, Germans are the second biggest consumers of beer in the world.
● German Autobahn is the oldest, and one of the densest, motorway networks in the world.
● Germany is one of the few countries of the world where Holocaust Denial has been declared as a crime.
● The tallest church in the world, Ulm Cathedral, is in Germany. It is 161.53 meters (530 feet) high.
● The Wurzburg Residence of Germany boasts of housing the largest fresco ceiling in the world, measuring 7287 square feet and done by Giovanni Battista Tiepolo, a Venetian painter.
● World's most colorful caves (as per Guinness Book of Records), Fairy Grottoes, are in Germany.
● There are over 25,000 castles in Germany today; some are only ruins, but many of them are well-preserved and home to museums, restaurants and even hotels.
MG Tour Co - 10073 Valley View #232 - Cypress, CA - 90630 – USA CST#2066599-40
Phone: (714) 220-2579 Toll Free: (866) 225-0577 Fax: (714) 276-6447 Terms & Conditions