Facts & Statistics:
Languages: Spanish (official), Quechua, other Amerindian languages
Currency: U.S. dollar
● Ecuador has many active volcanoes and also, one of the greatest densities of volcanoes in the world.
● Ecuador is divided into four geographical regions, namely The Coastal Area (Litoral), The Andean Highlands (Sierra), The Amazon (Oriente) and The Galapagos Islands.
● The second highest point in Ecuador is Cotopaxi, one of the highest active volcanoes in the world.
● Quito served as the capital of the northern half of the Inca Empire, in the early sixteenth century.
● Guinea pig is considered to be a delicacy in Ecuador.
● Quito is said to have the most pleasant temperature in the world and has been given the name of the “Land of Eternal Spring”.
● The Galapagos Islands take their name from the saddleback tortoises that are found there. These tortoises are among the world's largest.
● Charles Darwin was twenty-six when he first saw the Galapagos Islands. His observations about life on the islands eventually led to his famed theory of evolution. His On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection.
● The islands' marine iguanas are only found in the Galapagos region. These are the only marine-going lizards found anywhere in the world.
● The famous Galapagos penguin is the only type of penguin to live at the equator. An endangered species, there are less than 1500 examples according to scientific studies.
MG Tour Co - 10073 Valley View #232 - Cypress, CA - 90630 – USA CST#2066599-40
Phone: (714) 220-2579 Toll Free: (866) 225-0577 Fax: (714) 276-6447 Terms & Conditions