Facts & Statistics:
Name: Costa Rica
Capital: San José
Languages: Spanish, English
Currency: Costa Rican colon
● There are more than 121 volcanic formations in Costa Rica, and seven of them are active. Poas Volcano has the second widest crater in the world (nearly one mile in diameter), and Arenal Volcano is one of the ten most active volcanoes in the world.
● Costa Rica hosts more than 5% of the world’s biodiversity even though its landmass only takes up .03% of the planet's surface.
● More than 25% of Costa Rica’s land is dedicated to national parks, reserves and wildlife refuges. There are more than 100 different protected areas to visit.
● A birder’s paradise, this small Central American country boasts of an amazing 850 bird species that can be found within its national boundaries. Astoundingly, this figure is higher than the amount of birds that can be found in all of North America.
● Costa Rica has a large American crocodile population, these crocodiles, An adult male American crocodile averages 13 feet in length and weighs approximately 400 pounds; his female counterpart is about 10 feet long and weighs only 160 pounds. The species can live up to 70 years.
MG Tour Co - 10073 Valley View #232 - Cypress, CA - 90630 – USA CST#2066599-40
Phone: (714) 220-2579 Toll Free: (866) 225-0577 Fax: (714) 276-6447 Terms & Conditions